New Travel Trend: MOMcations
Posted by: Las Terrazas Resort
New Travel Trend: MOMcations
I write this blog on the heels of tucking my three children in after a long day. My boys are my joy, but with three under five, it's no understatement to say that I am flat out exhausted at the end of the day. And just for the record, it is only 7:36pm as I write this. I feel light years away from late nights with the girls. Sweatpants, a top knot, and being in bed by 10:00pm seem to define more of my nights than I care to admit. As I chat with my mothers-in-arms who, though their children might be a few years older than mine, sometimes feel themselves getting lost in the throes of childrearing, believe me when I say that I know exactly what modern mommas need: a MOMcation. Am I right, ladies?!
It's not that we need a vacation from
our people, but with mothering being the full-time job that it is, we need to pace ourselves if we want to endure for the long haul, if we want to finish well. A little time away in a hotel to give ourselves a breather, a couple of days to unwind, to connect with friends, and finding long moments of rest all so that we can come back home refreshed and ready to get back in the game are not only fun, but necessary. Enter Las Terrazas Resort: the MOMcation of your dreams.
Grab your girlfriends (or come solo!) and head on out to Las Terrazas Resort in Ambergris Caye, Belize. This all-inclusive, beach front, luxury boutique resort is exactly what moms need to find rest, relaxation, and restoration from the daily calls of motherhood. Here are just six reasons why you should stop what you are doing and book your trip to Las Terrazas Resort now:
- No cramped hotel rooms here! Our three-bedroom residences can sleep up to six people, with plenty of breathing room to relax and spread out. With 2 or 3 bathrooms, there is enough space for all the gals to enjoy a long steamy shower after a day on the beach and then get ready for a night out in town. Every room boasts a furnished kitchen with full sized appliances, but we don't expect you to actually cook on your MOMcation! (However, you might appreciate the coffee pot and supplies.) Enjoy a nightly cocktail - or two - with your besties on your very own private balcony or patio as you watch the sun sink over the lagoon. We also offer free WiFi, allowing you to check in with your family with ease (but we won't tell if you don't!).
- Need I say more? Get pampered onsite or talk a friend (it shouldn't be difficult) into getting a couples massage directly on the beach in one of our cabanas with therapists Carmen and Celica. What better way to fall into a deep relaxation coma than by falling asleep to the calming and rhythmic waves as you get massaged by one of our professional and licensed therapists? For a unique spa experience that you won't be able to find anywhere else, be sure to experience a Mayan Cocoa Facials. Crafted prior to your appointment with authentic Belizean cocoa beans and local fruits, honey, and rose hip oils, our new treatments include a head massage (yes!) and are specially designed to refresh, tone, and rejuvenate your skin.
- A resort, spa, and now chocolate?! Do we even need to say more? Forget the rest of this list, I believe enough has been said to convince you to purchase your airfare and pack your bags before I can even say, "MOMcation" again. But yes, you read that right: A chocolate company located smack dab in the middle of Ambergris Caye, in the heart of San Pedro Town. This family owned, fair-trade, Belize bean to bar chocolate artisan company is the perfect place for you to indulge- without having to share!! But don't forget to bring some treats home. Their locally sourced ingredients make the perfect souvenir for your sweet husband and kiddos back home- and whoever else has helped carry the load in your absence.
- Yet another thing that women love: good food, alongside good friends. Never before has eating been disguised as exercise! With Belize Food Tours, you can get in your steps while immersing yourself in the local cuisine. Your born-and-raised Belizean tour guide will not lead your astray as you walk, talk, and eat your way through the many delicious and delectable restaurants that line the island. Travel to the best mom and pop kitchens in Ambergris Caye to meet the families behind this great food, hear their stories, and sample their authentic recipes. You simply cannot enjoy history and an exotic menu like this with kids in tow, so this is an experience you won't want to miss. Like it so much that you want to bring a taste home for your family? Enroll in one of their Cooking Classes so you can go home and wow your husband and kiddos with your fantastic Belizean cooking skills.
Yoga Say "namaste" to your worries and find your way back to yourself through the introspective and relaxing discipline of yoga. Our amazing Front Desk team can arrange private and group yoga lessons for you on the dock of our hotel. We even provide the yoga mats. Watch the sun rise over the Caribbean Sea as you flow through your sun salutation. Stretch into a downward dog pose without your real dog getting into your face. Afterwards, reward your health with a delicious breakfast of Cloud Eggs & Avocado or Mediterranean Frittata alongside a fresh fruit smoothie at O Restaurant.
- No one will blame you if you just want to veg and do nothing on your MOMcation, but for those seeking adventure, opportunities abound! From snorkeling in the turquoise waters of the Caribbean Sea in search of coral reefs, starfish, sting rays, the most colorful fish, maybe even a manatee or dolphin - to cave tubing and zip lining 80' above the Belizean jungle into caves once inhabited by the Mayans requiring headlamps - or putting your daily workout to the test by climbing 130' to the top of centuries-years-old Mayan Ruins, there really is no shortage of all that there is to see and do in Belize. Your kids will call you Supermom when they see all of the amazing things you saw and accomplished. This is an amazing opportunity to encourage them to see the whole wide world for themselves!
From our renowned O Restaurant
and Rooftop Sky Lounge, to an infinity pool, flat screen TVs, and all the coffee and mimosas a momma can drink, Las Terrazas Resort alone has everything a woman needs to find peace and restoration all wrapped up in one little package. And whether it's peace and quiet that you need, or adventure and nightlife that suits your fancy, Ambergris Caye, Belize, is the place to come to find yourself in the midst of the daily joys, challenges, and busyness and monotony that life can bring. Why wait? Call up a friend (or two, or six) and book
your first (but definitely not your last!) MOMcation with us today!