Your Belize vacation adventure begins as you make your way to the mainland and up the Old Belize River. While passing through, you will encounter numerous wildlife, including crocodiles, manatees, iguanas and monkeys while having a continental breakfast. After cruising through the river, you will board a van that take you to the spectacular Belize Zoo, home to an impressive array of large cats, primates, reptiles and birds. This habitat gives you the opportunity of viewing Belize’s prolific wildlife in one location. This trip then heads to Jaguar Paw Resort where lunch will be served. After lunch the guide will gear you up with head lights and inner tubes. You start the first 45 minutes jungle trail to the Caves Branch River and its winding path through the Maya Mountains and numerous ancient caves once inhabited by the Maya. You will be transported back in time as you float down this river. Your guide will point out various plants, roots and herbs once used by the ancient Mayan people.
- Trip time: Leaves 6:15 AM & Returns 5:30 PM
- Tour Operator Provides: Lunch, Drinks, and Guides
- Appropriate Clothing: Swim suit, Change of Clothing
- Bring along entrance fee: $5.00 US per Person
- Equipment Needed: Hiking Boots, Wet shoes, Bug Spray, Cameras, Sun Block, Hat, Towel